Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

Valentines Day Countdown with Carta Bella's Flora No. 1

Hi there everyone!  I am so excited to be able to share with you my project today. Valentine's Day has always been a favorite of mine - mostly because of all the yummy chocolate that is completely legal and encouraged to eat. I wanted to celebrate this holiday in a fun way so I made this Countdown to Valentines Day project. I was inspired by this adorable project I found on Pinterest and decided to make my own version. Thanks Allison!

I created this project using an 8 1/4 x 10 1/4 inch piece of chipboard and 14 square boxes that I cut out with my Silhouette. I used this file for the boxes 3D Scallop Trim Box and then discarded the scallop pieces. I placed a piece of Kraft Gold Foil Dot paper on the chipboard and then glued the 14 boxes around the outside edge of the chipboard.
Then the fun part - I decorated each box with pieces of pattern paper from the Flora No. 1 6x6 paper pad and used various punches, stickers, pearls and embellishments to finish them off. I also used a few pieces of Ephemera from the Ephemera kit. I added a few different number stickers to the boxes to make up the countdown part of the boxes.

I also added a banner in the center of the boxes using some banner shapes cut from my Silhouette, a gold heart punch out and some black letter stickers from the Flora No. 1 sticker sheet. I threaded my banner on some white and gold bakers twine.

Here are some close ups of the boxes closed and then opened with the yummy chocolates on the inside.






It would also be really fun to add some little trinkets or small toys or gifts in the boxes as well. But I am a sucker for anything chocolate so that is what I chose. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope I have inspired you to create this fun countdown for your favorite sweetheart! Happy Crafting friends!

Supplies used:
-Flora No. 1 6x6 paper pad
-Flora No. 1 Ephemera
-Flora No. 1 Sticker Sheet
-Kraft Cardstock
-White Cardstock
-Kraft Gold Foil Paper 
-Bakers Twine in gold and white
-Various shape punches
-Mini Pearls
-Gold Thread
-Number Stickers
-Arrow and Triangle Stickers
-Buttons
-Dimensional Adhesives
-Brown Ink



No comments: