Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

Father's Day Card Inspiration

Hello everyone! I am up on the blog today sharing with you a fun Father's Day card. I loved the cheery, bright colors in the  Carta Bella Toy Box line- so I used a few items from that collection to make this card:

To make this card I used a kraft cardstock base and then started adding some of my favorite papers from the 6x6 paper pad. To make my title - I got a little creative with one of my metal die cuts. I used the Dream Big die cut and used the "d's" and the "a" from the word "dream" I cut the letters from some solid red paper and then added them onto the back of one of the tags from the Frames and Tags Ephemera.  I added a small banner from the Chipboard Accents under the title. It says "favorite"  - perfect sentiment for Dad. I used 2 star die cuts from the Dream Big die as well and cut them from some sheet music and red star papers from the 6x6 pad.

I absolutely love the mini paper fans, so I had to add one of them to my card. I cut a circle from the Stitched Circle Nesting Die Set and glued it onto the front of the fan. I added an enamel #1 shape to the circle from the Toy Box Enamel Shapes. And how cute is the toy soldier standing at attention - I loved adding him for a little manly touch. He is from the Element Sticker sheet.

To finish the card I added some brown twine and wrapped it around a piece of blue paper. If you look closely you can see that I embossed this paper with the Mini Triangles embossing folder. The final touch was a grey button tied with a twine bow and glued to the card.

This was such a fun card to make and I am so excited to give it to my dad. It's always so fun to use themed kits in a new and different way. The Toy Box collection was so fun to work with! Happy crafting and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

Supplies:
-Kraft Cardstock
-Foam Tape, foam squares
-tan  twine
-grey button


No comments: