Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Christmas Countdown - Carta Bella A Very Merry Christmas

Hi there everyone! It's Tya, and I am so happy to be up on the blog today sharing with you my Christmas Countdown project. I had this adorable project pinned on one of my Pinterest boards for ages and thought it would be really fun to turn the calendar concept into a 12 days of Christmas type of countdown. I added a fun Christmas type activity to do each night leading up to the big day and each day the idea is to pull the card, and do the activity together as a family. (

 To start out, I made a base from a 3 1/2 x 12 inch piece of Classic Green Felt cardstock. I scored the paper every 1/2 inch and then accordion folded it.



I then turned to my trusty Silhouette Cameo and cut out 12 bags from Kraft cardstock. I added a 3 x4 inch piece of various pattern papers to the front of each bag. I used double sided tape to  adhere the bags into the folds of the green cardstock.

I decorated the front of the first bag with some pattern paper, stickers, enamel dots, twine, brads and some ephemera.
I cut out 12 different cards to place in each of the bags, I decorated each  card with various stickers, chipboard, and ephemera. The cards measure 3 1/4 x 4 1/2. I cut out a label shape from white cardstock and glued that to a piece of either red or grren cardstock. I then glued both pieces to the card base. The labels measure 2 3/4 x 4. I also used the adorable Sweet Girl font found in the Silhouette store for my type on the cards. The numbers were taken from the 6x6 paper pad.  Here are just a few examples of the insides:


I had so much fun putting this little project together, and they go together so quickly, it would be really fun to make one of these for each of your children and they can have a countdown of their own to keep in their room. There are so many great ideas on what to do for the different daily activities - I just googled some ideas and came up with my favorite 12 do add to the cards. Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to give this fun project a try! Happy Crafting and Happy Holidays!

Products Used:
-Designer Cardstock Green Felt
-Designer Cardstock Red Felt
-Designer Cardstock Ultra White Felt
-Designer Cardstock Kraft
-A Very Merry Christmas Collection Kit
-A Very Merry Christmas 6x6 paper pad
-A Very Merry Christmas Ephemera
-A Very Merry Christmas Decorative Brads
-A Very Merry Christmas Chipboard
-A Very Merry Christmas Enamel Dots
-A Very Merry Christmas Enamel Shapes
-Sweet Girl Font (Silhouette Shape # 38462)
-Labels (Silhouette Shape #24932)
-Echo Park Labels (Silhouette Shape #38155)
-Bag with Rounded Top (Silhouette Shape #40187)
-Green Twine
-Pop Dots and Foam Tape
-Scoring Tool



No comments: